A Smarter BRAIN
Mixing hardtail efficiency and full-suspension capability to impressively quick results, Epic has always been defined by an uncompromised commitment to speed. Well, that and over 100 World Cup wins and podiums too.
True to form, the latest Epic continues the tradition, taking advantage of the most efficient BRAIN suspension we've ever created to ensure it's always on a first-name-basis with fast.
Re-engineered hand-in-hand with the new Epic, the latest BRAIN design resets the expectation for efficiency, employing a new race-tuned pedaling platform to ensure every watt possible is translated into forward motion, while handily soaking up momentum-killing chatter and big hits alike—all more smoothly than ever.
Redesigned with a focus on efficient power transfer and better handling performance, the Epic's all-new FACT 11m carbon frame features a 15-percent stiffer rear triangle in order to take full advantage of the BRAIN's new race-tuned pedaling platform, while the revised carbon layup of the front-triangle sheds weight, sending the Epic's already sky-high stiffness-to-weight ratio even higher.
The Epic Pro's Top-Adjust Position-Sensitive BRAIN fork allows for easy tuning on the fly, making suspension adjustments on course pre-rides a stress-free affair, while SRAM's XO1 Eagle AXS electronic group takes notes from BRAIN's telepathic performance, firing off shifts with lightning-fast precision.
- Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient BRAIN-controlled travel, the Epic’s FACT 11m carbon frame increases rear-triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer and introduces the most capable handling in an Epic yet, all while shedding weight over the previous-generation Epic.
- The RockShox SID SL BRAIN fork serves up 100-millimeters of brilliantly controlled BRAIN travel while bringing damper adjustments top-side for quick, on-the-fly tweaks.
- SRAM's Level TLM brakes feature a one-piece monoblock caliper design that not only excels at shedding speed, but weight too.
- The SRAM XO1 Eagle AXS 12-speed rear derailleur not only offers some of the crispest shift around, it also manages to serve up a maximum 500-percent gear range while using a 10-percent shorter cage design to increase ground clearance over its mechanical counterpart.
- Descending from a long World Cup lineage, hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 25-millimeter internal-width hookless rim, and maximize strength, ride quality, and durability while keeping weight to a minimum.
FRAME - FACT 11m Full Carbon, Modern XC Race Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
FORK - RockShox SID SL BRAIN, Top-Adjust Brain damper, Debon Air, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 100mm Travel
REAR SHOCK - RockShox-Specialized BRAIN, Rx XC Tune, 5 Position Platform Adjust, Rebound Adjust, Integraded Extension, 265x52.5mm
FRONT HUB - DT Swiss 350, 15x110mm spacing, 6-bolt, 28h
REAR HUB - DT Swiss 350, Star Ratchet, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
SPOKES - DT Swiss Competition Race
RIMS - Roval Control Carbon, 25mm internal width, Zero bead hook, Tubeless ready, 28h
INNER TUBES - Presta, 60mm valve
FRONT TYRE - Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
REAR TYRE - Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
CRANKSET - SRAM X1 carbon Eagle, Boost™ 148, DUB, 32t, SM: 170mm, M-XL 175mm
CHAINRINGS - SRAM Eagle Alloy, 32T, Direct mount
BOTTOM BRACKET - SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded
SHIFT LEVERS - SRAM AXS EAGLE Controller
REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM X01 Eagle AXS
CASSETTE - SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t
CHAIN - SRAX X01 Eagle, 12-speed
FRONT BRAKE - SRAM Level TLM, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc
REAR BRAKE - SRAM Level TLM, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc
HANDLEBARS - S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm
GRIPS - Specialized Trail Grips
STEM - Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
SADDLE - Body Geometry Power Expert
SEATPOST - S-Works FACT carbon, 10mm setback, 30.9mm
SEAT BINDER - Specialized Alloy, 34.9mm
SWAT - SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool